Custom A-Com Ramp System are built to order and a lead time of 3 to 4 weeks are normally required form date of order. During particularly busy times additional time may be required.
A*Com Modular wheelchair ramp systems are designed to meet a wide range of accessibility and building codes. The length required must be at least 1 foot long for every 1 inch of rise. All installed ramps with more than a 6 inch height require railings on both sides for safety. Thirty-eight inch picket railings for ramps and forty-two inch guardrails for platforms are included in our kits.
Ramp lengths will be a combination of 4′, 5′ 6′ 8′ and 10′ ramp sections. If required, specific lengths can be ordered instead of the standard (eg; 2 x 4′ sections instead of 1 x 8′ section).
Top landings, of some type, are always required. They can be existing decks or porches, new build decks or porches or new aluminum top landings purchased with your ramp. Top landings include 42″ guard rails.
Landing steps are designed to be used with our aluminum top landings only and can be added to allow direct access for those who don’t require a ramp. They include 42″ guard rails with 36″ grip rails.
All needed hardware needed for assembly is included with components. Products needed for site preparation, if needed, are not included.
Modular ramp systems are not returnable. For situations where the quality of materials or workmanship is in question we will be happy to work with you and the manufacturer to find a solution. The manufacturer has final say on all warranty claims.
Please be advised that purchasers of Commercial wheelchair ramps should always contact their local building departments to ensure the ramp will be acceptable and required regulations are met. Ramps cannot be returned due to rejection by building inspectors. Download Ramp Specifications and Ramp Installation Information.
Modular ramps offer the possibility of a multitude of component configurations. Below is a page offering a variety of more common configurations in a PDF file. To the right is an Image for viewing online (click on the image to enlarge).
Ramp Length Calculator
Custom A-Com Ramp System Safety
- Regularly check your ramp for worn, loose, or damaged parts. If you find any of these conditions DO NOT USE THE RAMP. Contact your Dealer for repairs. Failure to do so may cause severe injury!
- The surface of the ramp may become slippery in icy or wet conditions. Caution should be used when using the ramp.
- Keep the ramp surface free of dirt and debris.
- Always check the chair or scooter for the manufacturer’s recommended degree of incline. Do not use ramps that are steeper than recommended.
- Do not add to or modify any part of the ramp. Doing so may void your warranty.
- Do not use the ramp for purposes other than those it was designed for.Visit here for more Lift Chair Accessories – https://www.factorydirectmedical.com/product-category/lift-chair-accessories/Here is our other resources – https://www.facebook.com/FactoryDIrectMedical/