JOBST Athletic - Unisex - 8 to 15 mmHg
The Jobst Athletic sport socks for men and women are high performance compression socks that are durable enough for the most active lifestyles.
- Closed Toe Knee High
- Cushioned Lightweight construction
- Sporty design looks like regular athletic socks
- Colour: White
5 to 10 day delivery
The extra thick cushioned sole absorbs shock from sports activities. These comfortable Jobst Athletic socks have a nylon and acrylic blend that wicks away moisture to keep your feet dry and comfortable. Knit-in heel and ample toe area ensures extra comfort and perfect fit.
- Discomfort from spider veins
- Relief from minor leg swelling
- Relief of tired aching legs
- Relief of leg discomfort during pregnancy
- Minor varicose veins
- For wear following sclerotherapy
- Help to prevent DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
Note: Size to be determined by shoe size
- Nylon 38%
- Acrylic 56%
- Rubber 6%
Note: This product contains latex
|Size||Mens Shoe Size||Womens Shoe Size|
|Small||6 to 8||7 to 9|
|Medium||8-1/2 to 10||9-1/2 to 11|
|Large||10-1/2 to 12||11-1/2 to 13|
**The information found below is only general information and is not meant for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical conditions. Always consult your physician or other health care provider about all health concerns, conditions, and recommended treatments.
General Compression Stocking Information
Compression stockings help control blood flow and fluid buildup in the legs and can be used either as a preventative or a treatment measure to deal with tired legs, aching legs, leg swelling (edema), varicose veins, spider veins, blood clotting (deep vein thrombosis).
Many people who experience long periods of standing or sitting, are pregnant, suffer from poor blood circulation or fluid retention can benefit from the use of compression stockings to prevent or minimize the effects of these situations and conditions.
Compression stockings are designed to provide various levels of pressure on the legs beginning with the most pressure at the ankles and reducing in graduated steps along the length of the stockings with the least pressure at the top of the stocking. This graduated level of pressure enhances blood flow and minimizes swelling.
Compression Stocking Styles
Compression stockings are available for both men and women in a variety of styles depending on the user's needs
- Calf length – Used by people whose swelling, aching or vein problems are confined to the feet and ankle areas.
- Knee highs – Generally used by people whose leg problems are restricted to below the knees
- Thigh length – Used for those whose leg problems extend up past the knees
- Pantyhose – Used for full leg support and treatment and pregnant women
- Open toe – Used for those who may want to wear sandals with their compression stockings
- Closed toe – Worn by those who don't prefer having their toes exposed
Compression stockings are rated by the amount of pressure that they apply to the skin surface in millimetres of mercury (mmHg). Lower ratings provide enough pressure for comfort and some preventative properties. Higher ratings will also provide comfort but also provide more therapeutic levels of pressure needed to treat some conditions.
- 15 - 20 mmHg rated stockings are considered light compression stockings and are often chosen by people who do a lot of travelling, stand all day at work, suffer mild leg swelling or are pregnant. They can be helpful in minimizing varicose veins, spider veins, edema, thrombosis or venous insufficiency.
- 20 - 30 mmHg rated compression stockings are considered light medical compression stockings and are used by people who suffer more severe instances of leg problems such as legs that often feel tired and heavy, have moderate swelling and varicose veins because of pregnancy or for preventing blood clots after surgery. Stockings with this rating should only be purchased on the advice of a physician or other health professional to avoid causing additional medical damage or injury.
- 30 - 40 mmHg rated compression stockings are considered medium medical compression stockings and are chosen if you have moderate to severe varicose veins during pregnancy or due to another condition, moderate edema, after a vein treatment like vein stripping, as a treatment for ulcers, and to combat diseases like lymphedema. Stockings with this rating should only be purchased on the advice of a physician or other health professional to avoid causing additional medical damage or injury.
Compression Stocking Materials
A variety of materials can be used to manufacture compression stockings including materials such as nylon, cotton, spandex, and natural rubber. The composition of the stocking material will determine the characteristics of the stockings' elasticity, softness and appearance.
To avoid potential allergic reactions it important that purchasers are aware of the materials used in the manufacture of their purchase.
JOBST Athletic Unisex Calf High Compression Socks
- 38% Nylon,
- 56% Acrylic,
- 6% Rubber