JOBST forMen Ambition - Calf High
The unique combination of Cotton & Carbon in JOBST® for Men Ambition provide high wearing comfort, cool legs and a natural feeling on the skin = the C2 effect.
Cotton’s natural texture and aesthetics make it men’s fabric of choice in many garment categories. The premium quality cotton content ensures a natural feeling to the skin and reduces the potential for skin irritations.
Carbon in its activated form supports natural odour control management – recharging after washing – for lasting wearing comfort and compliance.
Final price will display after all options are chosen.
Sigvaris & Jobst are no longer accepting returns of products, used or not.
Effective immediately, we cannot accept returns on compression stockings due to Covid-19 and personal hygiene concerns.
Please ensure your order is correct and/or obtain the help of a fitter if there is any uncertainty.
5 to 10 day delivery
The Power of Carbon Technology
The activated carbon technology permanently incorporates natural active particles that have micro porous structures into the fibres that form the fabric. These active particles greatly enhance the properties of the fabrics:
Odours are adsorbed into the active particles and then only released with normal laundering thereby refreshing the garment.
Activated carbon spreads moisture over a vast surface area created by the active particles thereby accelerating evaporation, reducing dry times and keeping users dry and comfortable in both hot and cold environments.
Uses activated carbon derived from natural materials.
Activated carbon continues to work since it is not a surface treatment but inherent in the fibre. With every laundering the odour reduction mechanism gets recharged.
Wear and Care
How to Don Your JOBST Compression Stockings
The two most Important choices you need to make, when choosing a compression stocking, are the size and the compression grade. Getting either wrong can cause you more harm than good. If you are using a doctors prescription, they will specify the compression grade, but you must still measure yourself to get the correct size.
- Measurements should always be taken as soon as possible after waking when swelling is at its lowest
- Limbs should be measured next to bare skin
- The measuring system is based on the angle between the sole of the foot and leg being 90°, for best results
- Measurements must be taken by pulling the tape snugly around the leg but without constriction
- Measurements should be taken from the ground up
- Measure ankle for all products
- Measure calf for all products
- Measure calf height for calf high products
- Measure thigh circumference for thigh high products
- Measure leg length for thigh high products
Use this chart to choose the best size for your body
NOTE: This sizing chart is only for JOBST products. Sigvaris has their own set of size charts for their own products.
Ideal for men spending a lot of time in standing or sitting situations: The medical compression sock impresses with functionality and timeless elegance in your professional life.
Inspired by fashion hosiery JOBST® forMen Ambition comes in a timeless and elegant rib design offered in a great colour variety for maximum concordance.
Balanced mix of soft yarns and high quality cotton ensures high elasticity for easy donning and comfortable wearing even during long business days.
JOBST® forMen Ambition embodies modern design without compromising on medical effectiveness.
**The information found below is only general information and is not meant for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical conditions. Always consult your physician or other health care provider about all health concerns, conditions, and recommended treatments.
General Compression Stocking Information
Compression stockings help control blood flow and fluid buildup in the legs and can be used either as a preventative or a treatment measure to deal with tired legs, aching legs, leg swelling (edema), varicose veins, spider veins, blood clotting (deep vein thrombosis).
Many people who experience long periods of standing or sitting, are pregnant, suffer from poor blood circulation or fluid retention can benefit from the use of compression stockings to prevent or minimize the effects of these situations and conditions.
Compression stockings are designed to provide various levels of pressure on the legs beginning with the most pressure at the ankles and reducing in graduated steps along the length of the stockings with the least pressure at the top of the stocking. This graduated level of pressure enhances blood flow and minimizes swelling.
Compression Stocking Styles
Compression stockings are available for both men and women in a variety of styles depending on the user's needs
- Calf length – Used by people whose swelling, aching or vein problems are confined to the feet and ankle areas.
- Knee highs – Generally used by people whose leg problems are restricted to below the knees
- Thigh length – Used for those whose leg problems extend up past the knees
- Pantyhose – Used for full leg support and treatment and pregnant women
- Open toe – Used for those who may want to wear sandals with their compression stockings
- Closed toe – Worn by those who don't prefer having their toes exposed
Compression stockings are rated by the amount of pressure that they apply to the skin surface in millimetres of mercury (mmHg). Lower ratings provide enough pressure for comfort and some preventative properties. Higher ratings will also provide comfort but also provide more therapeutic levels of pressure needed to treat some conditions.
- 15 - 20 mmHg rated stockings are considered light compression stockings and are often chosen by people who do a lot of travelling, stand all day at work, suffer mild leg swelling or are pregnant. They can be helpful in minimizing varicose veins, spider veins, edema, thrombosis or venous insufficiency.
- 20 - 30 mmHg rated compression stockings are considered light medical compression stockings and are used by people who suffer more severe instances of leg problems such as legs that often feel tired and heavy, have moderate swelling and varicose veins because of pregnancy or for preventing blood clots after surgery. Stockings with this rating should only be purchased on the advice of a physician or other health professional to avoid causing additional medical damage or injury.
- 30 - 40 mmHg rated compression stockings are considered medium medical compression stockings and are chosen if you have moderate to severe varicose veins during pregnancy or due to another condition, moderate edema, after a vein treatment like vein stripping, as a treatment for ulcers, and to combat diseases like lymphedema. Stockings with this rating should only be purchased on the advice of a physician or other health professional to avoid causing additional medical damage or injury.
Compression Stocking Materials
A variety of materials can be used to manufacture compression stockings including materials such as nylon, cotton, spandex, and natural rubber. The composition of the stocking material will determine the characteristics of the stockings' elasticity, softness and appearance.
To avoid potential allergic reactions it important that purchasers are aware of the materials used in the manufacture of their purchase.