The Advance Armsleeve combines the ultimate softness with silver ion properties and a Sensinnov grip-top band that’s ideal for all-day comfort and effectiveness.
Features & Benefits
- Ideal for patients with arm lymphedema or post-mastectomy care
- Sensinnov top-band ensures armsleeve stays in place all day long
- Provides moisture wicking properties to keep skin dry and comfortable
- Breathable to provide comfortable, year-round wear
- 50% Nylon, 28% Rayon, 22% Spandex (Content can vary slightly by style)
- Latex Free
Best Suited For
- Early stages of lymphedema
- Patients with arm lymphedema
- Post-mastectomy care
If you are not completely satisfied with your compression stockings, you may return or exchange them within 30 days of purchase.
All returns and exchanges must be new, unworn and returned in their original product packaging.
Products that have been damaged or worn can not be returned.
In order to return your stockings and get credit or refund you must contact us to obtain a return authorization prior to returning.
**The information found below is only general information and is not meant for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical conditions. Always consult your physician or other health care provider about all health concerns, conditions, and recommended treatments.
General Compression Stocking Information
Compression stockings, pantyhose and socks help control blood flow and fluid buildup in the legs and can be used either as a preventative measure or a treatment to deal with tired or aching legs, leg swelling (edema), varicose veins, spider veins, blood clotting (deep vein thrombosis) and other conditions.
Many people who experience long periods of standing or sitting, are pregnant, suffer from poor blood circulation or fluid retention can benefit from the use of compression products to prevent or minimize the effects of these situations and conditions.
Graduated compression stockings are designed to provide various levels of pressure on the legs beginning with the most pressure at the ankles and reducing in graduated steps along the length of the stockings with the least pressure at the top of the stocking. This graduated level of pressure along the leg enhances blood flow and minimizes swelling.
Compression stockings are rated by the amount of pressure that they apply to the skin surface in millimetres of mercury (mmHg). Lower ratings provide enough pressure for comfort and some preventative properties. Higher ratings will also provide comfort but also provide more therapeutic levels of pressure needed to treat some more severe conditions.
- 15 - 20 mmHg rated stockings are considered light compression stockings and are often chosen by people who do a lot of travelling, stand all day at work, suffer mild leg swelling or are pregnant. They can be helpful in minimizing varicose veins, spider veins, edema, thrombosis or venous insufficiency.
- 20 - 30 mmHg rated compression stockings are considered light medical compression stockings and are used by people who suffer more severe instances of leg problems such as legs that often feel tired and heavy, have moderate swelling and varicose veins because of pregnancy or for preventing blood clots after surgery. Stockings with this rating should only be purchased on the advice of a physician or other health professional to avoid causing additional medical damage or injury.
- 30 - 40 mmHg rated compression stockings are considered medium medical compression stockings and are chosen if you have moderate to severe varicose veins during pregnancy or due to another condition, moderate edema, after a vein treatment like vein stripping, as a treatment for ulcers, and to combat diseases like lymphedema. Stockings with this rating should only be purchased on the advice of a physician or other health professional to avoid causing additional medical damage or injury.
Compression Stocking Materials
A variety of materials can be used to manufacture compression stockings including materials such as nylon, cotton, spandex, silicone and natural rubber. The composition of the stocking material will determine the characteristics of the stockings' elasticity, softness and appearance.
To avoid potential allergic reactions it important that purchasers are aware of the materials used in the manufacture of their purchase.