XL Scooter/Wheelchair Carrier - Majer
Customer order for a lift compatible with a 2009 VW Touareg and a Cobra GT4 scooter. Price is tax exempt and includes shipping charges.
The AL301XL Fusion Lift features a 350 pound weight capacity and a large platform to carry large power chairs or scooters that many lift can't handle.
Compatible with Class III and larged hitch receivers.
Factory Direct Medical offers installation services in the GTA call 416-739-8393 or email us.
Scooter and Wheelchair Lifts are special order items and are not returnable. For situations where the quality of materials or workmanship is in question we will be happy to work with you and the manufacturer to find a solution. The manufacturer has final say on all warranty claims.
1 to 2 Week Delivery
Compatible with virtually all scooters and power wheelchairs and safely secures the mobility device with four, easy-to-operate, Q’Straint retractors.
Also available: AL301XLHD Fusion Lift with heavy-duty 400 lbs. capacity!
Quotation and Installation Information
Scooter/Wheelchair Lifts are tax exempt in Canada
The quoted price is the base price and includes shipping to customers in Canada
Lifts are shipped with required installation hardware however some vehicle and device combinations (usually inside lifts) require adaptor kits to install and function properly. We will check your order before shipping and confirm pricing and requirements.
FDM Installation Information
When opting for FDM to Install your lift we will check the compatibility of the lift you ordered with your vehicle and mobility device to determine if any extra installation kits are required and prepare a quotation including all labour and any extra parts needed over and above the lift price. Installation labour is tax exempt on wheelchair and scooter lifts.
At this time we are only able to provide installation services in the Greater Toronto Area. As we open up new areas they will be posted here.
Self Installation Information
For those who live outside our installation area our lifts can be ordered and the customer can arrange their own installation. We will double check your order before shipping for compatibility and ship it for free in Canada
These scooter and wheelchair lifts come with needed installation hardware and full installation and troubleshooting information. Most mechanics and mechanically inclined people should find the installation process fairly straight forward.
To request a quotation by email or telephone without using our shopping cart system please phone us at 416-739-8393 or email us..
Please be sure to provide us with your vehicle year, make and model plus the make and model of your scooter or wheelchair.
Lift/Vehicle Compatibility Tool
When purchasing a scooter lift or carrier there are three things that need to be considered. The vehicle, the lift and the scooter or wheelchair must all be compatible with each other.
The Harmar website has an excellent tool that will tell you which of their lifts are compatible with your vehicle and mobility device.
Please note that the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is not required if you know the make, model and year of you vehicle. Entering your VIN will provide this information for those who may be unsure.
Also, the compatibility tool will work if you enter your Canadian Postal Code or five 5s (55555) instead of a US Zip Code.
- Standard Lifting capacity: 350 lbs (160kg)
- Heavy Duty Lifting capacity: 400 lbs (182kg)
- Maximum scooter/wheelchair width: 35½"
- Maximum scooter wheelbase: 48"
- Aluminum deck size: 36” x 39”, adjustable cradle extends up to 53”
- Installed weight: 102 lbs.
- Hitch height (range): 5”-18”
- Hitch Class: III
- Warranty: 3-Year Transferable
- Carries large power scooters or power chairs
- Self-tensioning, Q'Straint retractors/front and rear cradles
- Extra large 36" x39" aluminum deck/adjustable cradles extend up to 53" (optional, no charge item)
- Manual crank backup and license plate mount included
- Swing-Away option available
- Class III hitch adapter standard (AL123X); drop adapter upgrades available.
- Made in the USA
- One Switch Operation
- Largest Platform in the Industry, a Harmar Exclusive
- No Scooter or Chair Modifications
- Harmar Blue Touch Technology
- 3-Year Warranty
WarrantyTerm of warranty – Harmar warrants the scooter lifts manufactured by us to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a 3-Year period on all component parts of the lift. This warranty is transferrable to subsequent owners.
Exceptions to this Limited Warranty are:
- Damage resulting from improper installation or operation
- Negligence, alterations, abuse or misuse of the equipment
- Fire, flood, acts of God
- Shipping damage
- Labor fees for installation work or service calls
Scooter Lift Funding Information
New Vehicle Manufacturers
Most manufacturers of new vehicles offer rebates on the purchase price of their vehicles to help offset the cost of having modifications done that will aid disabled users. Scooter lifts, van lifts, installed ramps, hand controls, tie down systems and power seats are some of the most common products covered.
The terms and amounts of rebates will vary between manufacturers but generally the following terms apply:
- The vehicle purchased (or leased in some cases) must be new
- The equipment must be purchased within a certain amount of time after purchasing the vehicle (usually 6 to 12 months)
- The equipment purchased must be installed (portable ramps won't usually be covered)
- A paid receipt for the equipment purchased is required
Check with your new car dealer for details on their plans.