JOBST FarrowWraps: Compression Wraps To Suit Your Lifestyle
People looking for an alternative to compression socks to help with swelling in their legs now have an answer. Introducing: JOBST FarrowWraps, short-stretch adjustable compression wraps made for users with active and busy lifestyles.
What They Are
JOBST FarrowWraps are a practical alternative to conventional compression socks that allow users to apply and adjust them independently. Engineered for easy application, FarrowWraps offer all the benefits of multilayer bandaging without the need for specialized intervention by health care providers.
What They Do
The benefits of these medical aids are many. FarrowWraps are designed to help reduce limb swelling and maintain volume reductions using adjustable compression. These short-stretch garments help reduce edema and aid in the return of venous blood to the heart. They can be used to treat and manage venous hypertension, lymphedema, and venous ulcers.
How They Work
In simple terms, FarrowWraps reduce swelling by promoting blood circulation. Venous insufficiency is a condition where blood in a patient’s veins flows in the opposite direction instead of returning to the heart. By improving stagnant blood flow, FarrowWraps help get blood moving in the proper direction.
Like with compression socks, FarrowWraps offer benefits to athletes looking for a competitive advantage. Studies show that compression helps reduce the accumulation of lactic acid and can help promote recovery times after exercise.
FarrowWraps offer many great features to users. While compression garments need to be rolled onto legs starting from the feet, FarrowWraps are strapped on using a series of overlapping bands. The overlap creates graduated compression when applied to a limb, and provides the necessary support for reducing edema and controlling swelling.
This medical aid’s ability to short stretch provides strong support in a simplified, intuitive design. In addition to fulfilling the same function, FarrowWraps are preferable to wearing compression stockings for users with irregular leg diameters and shapes, or suffer from skin disorders.
FarrowWraps are available in a variety of styles, fabrics, sizes and compression classes.
A list of FarrowWraps benefits demonstrate their high practicality and value to consumers:
- Simple to apply and remove
- Give independence to users and their families
- Pressure can be readjusted by the user to suit their comfort
- Fits legs of different shapes and sizes
- Very effective at directing blood flow and improving circulation
Factory Direct Medical now offers a diverse lineup of FarrowWrap products:
- JOBST FarrowWrap - LITE Legpiece (20 - 30 mmHg): A lower-level compression wrap for the lower leg. Suitable for users with mild to moderate edema. Made with a durable and soft double-laminated fabric. Supports patients with sensitive skin
- JOBST FarrowWrap STRONG Legpiece (30 - 40 mmHg): A higher-level compression wrap for the lower leg. Suitable for users with mild to moderate chronic edema. Its durable fabric with a soft inner layer provides a reliable hold for fluctuating edema conditions.
- JOBST FarrowWrap - LITE Footpiece (20 - 30 mmHg): A lower-level compression wrap for the foot and ankle. Suitable for users with mild to moderate edema. Made with a durable and soft double-laminated fabric. Supports patients with sensitive skin.
- JOBST FarrowWrap STRONG Footpiece (30 - 40 mmHg): A higher-level compression wrap for the foot and ankle. Suitable for users with moderate to severe edema. Its durable fabric with a soft inner layer provides a reliable hold for fluctuating edema conditions.
- JOBST FarrowHybrid ADI - Knee High Liner w/ Foot Compression: A lower-level compression wrap for the foot and ankle. Suitable for users with mild to moderate edema. A great alternative to using a traditional foot piece. Above-the-ankle area functions as a non-compressive liner. Works with FarrowWrap leg pieces. Can be worn with dress shoes.
How to Use
A short video demonstrates how easy it is to put on a JOBST FarrowHybrid ADI:
- Apply Liner: Open wounds should be covered before applying the liner
- Position: Position the FarrowWrap as stated in the instructions for use
- Stretch: Stretch the bands* and put it in place
*Gently (for FarrowWrap Classic & Basic): This resembles an approximate stretch of the garment by 10%
**Moderately (for FarrowWrap Light & Strong): This resembles an approximate stretch of the garment by 15%
- Secure: Secure the bands in place with the VELCRO
Users should follow the advice of their healthcare provider regarding level of compression. When using JOBST FarrowWraps, please follow the manufacturer's recommendations.